Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Had my pre-departure orientation today and it's a totally lousy time to be sick. I had to try and stifle my coughs throughout. And it was so embarrassing when i got coughing fits cos they're really violent! Try stifling that! I was tearing and feeling so uncomfortable D: And in that quiet meeting room, every cough seemed really loud...

Thankfully, other than feeling like crap and embarrassing myself, the orientation was pretty good. Got some good tips on teaching from the alumni and heard about their experiences. Met the other people going and made some friends. Unfortunately, the other person going to the same prefecture as me wasn't there, and she's the one i wanted to meet most!

I did find out, however, that there are a couple other same batch NUS grads. I didn't get to meet my former Japanese class classmate and fellow psych major, but it turns out that there was another of my ex-Japanese class classmates there! And she remembers me! But i have absolutely no recollection of her at all :P

After the orientation, a whole bunch of us went for lunch and then headed to Bugis to buy souvenirs. I'm so glad i went with them even though i was feeling unwell cos i wouldn't have known where to get these things! And it was good getting to know them too :)

Thankful for: having nice people going with me :)

No comments: