Life feels very trying these days. I had to literally drag myself to work today. The whole time i was getting ready, i was feeling sick and trying to find excuses to skip work. I haven't had this kind of feeling since primary school.
I actually liked going to school for most of my school life. As tough as it was sometimes, i had friends there and it felt good that i was learning. Not something a lot of students feel apparently.
I dragged myself to school nonetheless. It was a relatively slack day for me since i didn't have any marking to do. It would have been an ok day, if not for the fact that the naughty boys from the naughty class who were supposed to hand in their work today, over a week late, i might add, did not. Even after i threatened to give them detention if they did not hand it in today.
And then, as i was leaving, i met one of them and asked for his homework. He said he'll put it in my pigeon hole. Then i asked what happens if i don't see it there tomorrow morning and he just spat out "detention lah!"
And the way he said it made me want to slap him so badly. Damn attitude! These kids need some sense beaten into them! They are so damn arrogant, when they don't really have anything to be arrogant about in the first place. If you want to give me this kind of attitude, at least earn the right by showing me that your English is good! Most of them did badly on their holiday homework lah!
I've almost totally lost my patience with them already and since detention doesn't seem to work with them, i don't know what to do. I honestly wouldn't mind just failing those who don't bother to do their work, but i'm not allowed to. *insert complaints about the school system*
And now i've got to go through the trouble of finding out how to send them to detention. I've got to find some form somewhere and fill it out and give it to somebody. Honestly, this piece of homework is not important enough to warrant this kind of action (i found out only after threatening them), but since i already said that i would, i don't want to give them the idea that i make empty threats, so i have to carry it through.
This totally sucks! Getting angry every day is bad for my health too.
Happy thing for the day: I managed to keep one of the classes i was relieving quiet for once.
Thankful for: Not having to mark today
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment