Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm so tired today... After all the activity of yesterday and the lack of sleep, i was particularly exhausted. The moment i reached work and settled down, i took a nap till morning assembly. And later, i also kept falling asleep while marking :P

I've decided that i shall refer to the school i'm teaching at as "work" rather than "school". Cos i've always used "school" to refer to NUS, and my time there was fun, so i'd like to keep the positive connotation.

Happy thing for the day: I had to relieve a class for another teacher today, and when i didn't have to be responsible for their work, or speak in perfect English with them, it was more fun. They were still noisy and i still had to scold them many times, but i didn't feel so distanced from them. One of the girls even tried to make conversation with me, which felt rather good :)

Now how do i get that kind of responses from my own classes...

Btw, if anyone is interested, my workplace is looking for another relief teacher to teach English and History from February onwards. I think it's till the March holidays. Let me know if you want the job! I could use a friend at work too :P

Thankful for: Being able to take a nap this afternoon.

No comments: