I had such a tiring day. On top of my own 4 periods of class today, 3 of which were with the naughty class, i had to relieve another teacher's class for 2 periods. That class was given work to do, but many of the kids dilly-dallied and kept coming up with so much nonsense that not all of them managed to finish in time. And they were supposed to hand in before the end of the lesson.
And teaching my naughty class at the last period of the day is absolutely exhausting. They are tired and restless and probably didn't absorb a single word i said. And since it's the end of the day, i'm tired too, and more irritable. Sigh. Thursdays are not good days...
I also found out that one particular girl in my naughty class is notorious for being difficult. I've been chasing her for her holiday homework since last week, and she still hasn't handed it in. I suspect she hasn't even bothered to do it. And her excuses fluctuate from feigned ignorance to empty promises and back. It's obvious that she didn't bother with it at all.
It seems she's been like this all along and is actually a retainee. I was told that her parents can't control her either and that she's fond of running away from home. No wonder she's so frequently absent. My threat to send her to DC if she fails to hand in her work tomorrow doesn't seem to faze her at all. I don't know what to do with her...
On a day like this, it's just so hard to even think of something that could be happy. It feels like the whole day was rotten. Bleah. Well, here goes anyway.
Happy thing for the day: it's over? Haha. Ok, for a while when i was teaching, the naughty class was actually quiet. Although it was more likely that they were too tired/bored/sleeping than actually paying attention. But i shall take heart in that a couple of them actually did seem to take in what i said.
Thankful for: One more day to go before the weekend! :D
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment