I did something very stupid today. I almost got myself into a Gokusen kind of scene, except that i'm no Yankumi, and this is not the land of TV... It's a good thing that those other teachers came along. I don't really want to elaborate cos this whole thing made me feel so super lousy and stupid and i think i've had enough trauma for the day.
Although i felt stupid and all, i think that for the first time, i really felt for the student. I really felt very sad, genuinely sad, that she was choosing to waste her life like that. I'm sure she could achieve so much more... I hope she wakes up one day, and not the hard way...
Everything else that happened today seems eclipsed by that incident. Although i still had work to do, i felt so much like running away from the school that i just packed and left. I didn't want to have people telling me that i shouldn't have done what i did, cos i already knew and felt bad enough about it.
I'm just so glad it's the weekend.
If anyone is wondering, i didn't do anything violent.
Happy thing for the day: Much to my surprise, the naughty class actually discussed their PW when they were supposed to. They seem quite excited about it. Heh.
Thankful for: Coming out of that alright, cos there are a million worse things that could have happened.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment