First day at XX Secondary school (name withheld in case i get into any trouble :P). I didn't do very much today. In fact, i was completely redundant. The students were having some enrichment programme, so there were no lessons.
I was however, supposed to stay with the class when it was supposed to be my period, which i did. But the other teachers didn't. If they are supposed to be there, then why weren't they there? And if it was not necessary for a teacher to be present, then why was i there? Quite a waste of my time...
I was supposed to be with one of the classes or the last 2 periods of the day, so i went to the library, where they were supposed to be having their enrichment course, to look for them. But they weren't there. So i ended up spending half an hour going all around the school looking for them. And i did ask for help. I asked one not very friendly teacher in the staff room whether she knew where they were or how to find them, and she seemed like she couldn't be bothered with me. She told me to go to the general office, so i did. Then the secretary told me to go to the computer lab when i told her they were not in the library where they were supposed to be. So i went all the way to the other end of the school, and of course, they were not in the computer lab. So i check the library again for the umpteenth time and was lucky enough to find some students from the class loitering outside. It turns out that during the half an hour i spent running around the school, they were having their lunch break -_______-
Although i didn't really have anything to do, somehow i still felt rather busy. I was trying to figure out my lesson plans for the rest of the week, but the work schedule was badly done with a lot of information missing. And then for some of the things i am supposed to do, the resources are not in the file. The organisation is appalling, really.
And then a lot of stuff that i'm supposed to teach, i don't even understand. Cheem words thrown about here and there that i don't even know how to read. How are secondary students expected to know these? And what's the point in them knowing it anyway? But i suppose someone somewhere knows better and has put a lot of thought into this. I hope.
My first day and i'm already not impressed with the school system. Heh. I hope the classes will be better though. And i hope that i will somehow manage to figure out what on earth i'm doing on the job...
Waking up so early in the morning is the worst. I couldn't sleep last night cos i'm not used to sleeping so early. And so today i'm kind of tired... Hopefully i will fall asleep quickly tonight! I need my rest!
Thankful for: At least i'm paid well to waste my time today
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment