Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I spent the whole day waiting for a one hour lesson that was cut short to half an hour. And despite the shortened time, i still ended early. I didn't teach, but i'd thought it'd take longer to handle all the administrative matters i was given.

My first meeting with the class didn't go that well, i think. I am so intimidated by them. And the classroom seems so huge... Everyone tells me that in my first lesson, i can't be so nice to them so that i won't get bullied by them in future. I ended up coming off really fierce. I know cos when i was going home, i passed by some of them at the bus stop and they were darting glances at me and talking to each other and i heard the word come up. Ouch.

If only they knew that they scare me more than i scare them... Let's hope they never find out :P

My first and only class for the day was at 11.30, so i had the whole morning with nothing to do. All this doing nothing really makes me lethargic, such that i'm completely sian by the time i have to go to class. I tried to do more planning and attempted to understand all the stuff i'm supposed to do again, but this seems like a hopeless case. In the end, i took a nap. Haha...

It seems so inappropriate, but there was this teacher at another table who had her head completely on her table, outrightly sleeping, so i figured that it wouldn't hurt to nap a bit with my head up since i had nothing better to do anyway. These 5.30 mornings are taking a toll on me too. I napped again when i got home and i really have to try sleep earlier tonight! I'm already sleeping quite early by my standards, but apparently, it's not enough.

Meanwhile, the teacher next to me was working away like an eager beaver. He's also a contract teacher, so i don't really know what he's so busy with. And he makes me feel like i should be busy with something too, like i'm missing something out... Ugh.

I went back to the ice cream shop to collect my pay after school and i could sense a complete change in my mood. Compared to my deflated mood after an unfulfilling day at school, just walking a familiar route and seeing friends again really lifted my mood and energy level and made me feel much happier. I actually felt that working at the shop was much better than what i'm doing now. And i kind of miss my friends there :(

Tomorrow's timetable is the same as today's, but at least i've got some marking to do now, even though i've not been given details on how to mark this assignment yet. It's been only 2 days and i'm so bored with my job already. I really, really hope things get better. I don't know how i'd last 10 weeks like this.

My brother went into the army yesterday and now the house seems much quieter. It's kind of sad that he's not around for me to talk to :(

And i'm missing the psych chalet cos i've to work! :( I really need something to cheer me up a bit...

Thankful for: Getting to go back to the shop, even if just for a short while.

No comments: