Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another new girl again today and this time, Boss actually asked me to orientate her. Gah. Again with the random dunno-what-i'm-doing teaching. Haha.

There is only so much i can teach at one go, i think. How much is she going to remember? And there are a million and one things to teach! I still feel that for this kind of job, the best way to learn is to just try it yourself. I can tell you how to scoop and show you how to do it, but you'll never really know until you try it and 'feel' the process out for yourself.

Seeing the new people made me think about some working traits that i find rather important. If you don't know something or encounter a problem, try to solve it first. If you can't, then ask for help. If you just keep asking for help without trying to do things yourself, then you'll just become dependent on others. And if you don't ask for help when you need it, you're just making things worse cos the problem doesn't get fixed and you don't learn.

I think i should add this to my 'lecture' tomorrow. NUSPsyche 1101 for the new comm. Haha :)

Which reminds me, i still haven't confronted that person who made me angry and disappointed. I just didn't have the energy to call him up and confront him. Not that i'm actually too tired to call him, but the thought of having a confrontation with him tires me and i don't look forward to it. I guess i'll do it in person tomorrow.

3 comments:

tzehao said...

awww, who made you angry Anna! its a HE! I hope its not me!! :(

daniel said...

yes i hope it's not me too!! :/
don't be mad with your fan club ok! :D

palindrome said...

haha don't worry guys, it's not either of you :)

and i have a fan club? wahaha :D