Monday, August 10, 2009

Today was my grandmother's birthday, so i got woken up early in the morning (early considering how late i slept last night) to go to her house for her birthday lunch. It was as usual, pretty boring and my brothers and i left early cos we all had stuff on. I ended up taking almost 2 hours to get home! No more taking bus all the way from the east to the west...

Boss requested me to work today, so i did. It was a super busy day! People just kept streaming in, even during the normally quiet dinner hours. And they refused to leave! Even when i purposely swept the entire floor surrounding this group, and then stood nearby waiting for them to move, they still didn't get the hint to leave! They only left when we told them they had to go. Sheesh. Don't make us chase you out lah!

Yet somehow, i didn't feel as tired at work today. Somehow, the atmosphere was a bit different. I guess cos it's a public holiday? I don't know... But it's good that the atmosphere was lighter despite the endless crowd :)

On another note, i'm currently addicted to Mr Brain! :D

*fangirling ahead*

I'm not really a big fan of Takuya Kimura and actually watched this show on JT's recommendation, but i love it! It's about this neuroscientist who uses neuroscience to help solve crimes. It's really cool cos it's got the whole CSI element to it, and cos it's psychology related too! :) They talk a bit about some psychology concepts that we've learnt like priming and stroop effect, and there are many references to the brain areas involved like amygdala, prefrontal cortex, Wernicke's area etc. And it's also cool cos some of the people involved in the cases have some sort of disorder like anterograde amnesia and DID. And Nakama Yukie is playing the DID person! XD

I really recommend this show to my psych friends :) I think it's really something else watching the show with some knowledge of the brain and how it works. The science stuff doesn't get lost on you :)

And watching this just reminds me how fascinating psych is. I miss it, really X(

No comments: