Very tired today after the extremely long day yesterday. I didn't mention that the seniors stayed back to talk to the camp chair and i ended up missing the last bus, so had to go to Clementi to change bus to get home. And all that after a day of work! Lucky work was rather relaxed yesterday.
Had to drag myself out of bed today to go meet up with the MG girls for lunch. It's amazing. We used to meet up only every half a year or 1 year or so, but now we've been meeting up a lot more frequently :) I wonder what changed... Haha. But i'm glad to meet up with them more :)
The reason why i couldn't get up was actually that i was up all night researching Ishikawa.
Ishikawa is in the central part of the Honshu island of Japan and along the coast of the sea of Japan. It's 4 hours from Tokyo by train, 1 hour by plane, and freaking expensive to travel there! There goes my hopes of regularly visiting Disneyland or going to stalk NEWS :P Haha.
It's a rural place with a lot of arts and culture stuff known for their lacquer products and textiles. It's quite a historical place too with old castles and samurai towns and geisha houses. So i guess i'll be engaging in a lot of traditional activities? They've got tea houses and tea ceremony, which is good :)They've apparently got a lot of festivals too, which is good :) And as a rural place, i guess there's nice scenery and lots of nature too, which is also good :)
Food wise, they grow rice, so hopefully it'll be cheaper. Since it's near the sea, they have a fishing industry and seafood is popular, but it isn't really my thing... Guess i'll have to find out how to clean a fish soon :/ And apparently, the ramen there sucks. Darn.
Bad part is, it's rural, so if i end up outside the city, things could get a bit difficult. And i don't know how all these arty farty stuff can sustain my interest. I'm not the sort too regularly visit museums, which they have quite a few of.
Worst part, it's cold! D: Average temperatures are between 3-26 degrees! *Dies* I will so freeze to death! I wonder why they placed me there! I'm from a tropical country! Did they see that i work in an ice cream shop and decide that i could bear the cold?
Ok, so the temperature isn't as bad as it seems. At least summers won't be that hot and most of the time it'll be like i'm in an air con room. But! Even worse is the precipitation! The levels are high throughout the year. According to one website, "you can forget your lunchbox, but don't forget your umbrella!" Gah. I hate going out in the rain! :(
And, because it's a cold area (part of Ishikawa is considered snow country! *dies even more*) precipitation in winter = snow! I want to see snow, but i don't want to end up buried in it! I am worried...
I hope all goes well...
Thankful for: meeting up with my old friends :)
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I WANT TO GO THERE TO VISIT YOU AND HAVE YOU BRING ME AROUND!!!!!!!!!
you are fast!!
i want you to come visit me so that i can bring you around too! :D
Yay!! Anna the tour guide!! =D
I finished Continuity! =D
Post a Comment