I got a call at work today. Again, out of the blue.
I got my placement! :D
"Congratulations. I am writing to confirm that you have been selected as an ALT participant for this year's JET Programme. You are assigned to Ishikawa-ken. Please be informed that the assigned placement cannot be changed. "
That was from the email they sent me. The moment i hung up the phone, i was dying to know where Ishikawa is! Obviously it's not one of the more popular touristy locations since i've not heard of it.
I borrowed G's phone to use her internet.
What i found out from those few minutes on the handphone, the place has mountains and seas. Haha. It's quite a long prefecture, with one part near the sea and one part near the mountains. I think that's why it's called Ishikawa, literally "stone river".
Wiki told me that it's quite a cultural place. And, it has cities and rural places, even islands. I am so anxious to see my exact placement now! Please don't let me end up on an ulu island in the middle fo the sea! D:
But, yeah, i'll only find out next week when i get my package. Have to research more on the place in the meantime.
Anyways, after work, i went directly to school for the MI trial. Needless to say, when you've got the drama kings and queens around, it's a riot! :D You could totally see the separation line between the seniors and juniors, with the seniors talking and joking away excitedly, and the juniors looking at us bemused (probably thinking that the seniors are crazy... though with that bunch, i won't disagree :D)
Things weren't planned out too well, but the saving grace was that the seniors were around. I was so glad that they were there. Especially having people like Daphy and Taky and SH around to help to advise. It's like the things that needed to be said were finally said, and it didn't all depend on me alone anymore. Really love them :)
I'm getting excited! :D
Thankful for: meeting my lovely juniors who are now seniors :)
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you too!
Post a Comment