I missed 3 calls at 3 different times from what i assume are 3 different people. I think at least one of them was probably from one of those Chinese telemarketers cos i've been getting a lot of calls from them lately. Immediately after i say hello, they would launch into a rapid fire speech in China-accented Chinese about whatever it is they are promoting. It's quite dumb cos firstly, they assume that whoever answers the phone speaks Chinese. Secondly, Not all Singaporean Chinese can understand the Chinese accent, especially when they're talking so fast. I always barely grasp what it is they're trying to promote.
The sad thing is, i don't know how to stop them or interrupt them (cos i'm just too polite? Haha :P) and end up listening to their whole ramble about how i could win something if i go for their event or something. I'm not really sure, actually. Not that i even care. I hope they stop calling.
I do want to know who are the other people who called today are, though. Especially since i'm waiting every day for a call to tell me that someone has dropped out and that i got the job... (It's not them today. I'm sure of it.)
I was reminded of why i can't stand kids today when one of them burst into tears cos another kid allegedly hit him. Just when i was beginning to think that little kids aren't so bad. It was a total panic moment for me when he started crying. What i found amusing, though, was that the tears could be turned off as easily as they were turned on.
I want to drink soy milk from mr bean...
Thankful for: I'm done with facing kids
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment