I went out to run today instead of pounding the treadmill. The weather was really nice with the breeze blowing :) I ran about 5km, i think? And i think i overdid it :P I don't usually run 5km... Now my legs are aching despite all my stretching. I wonder how i'll feel tomorrow. Haha.
I've been watching this Japanese variety called Hyakushiki (roughly translated as hundred trivia, or something like that) and it's pretty interesting. The provide so much trivia about rather unimportant things :) Ont thing i found interesting was this:
We all know about Valentine's Day on 14 Feb. In Japan, it's the day where girls give gifts to guys they like. Then on 14 Mar, it's White Day, which is when guys are supposed to reciprocate by giving gifts back. Apparently in Korea, there is a day created for those who did not give or receive any gifts on the first 2 days (i.e. they have no bf/gf) called Black Day. On 14 April, they are supposed to wear black and eat some Korean noodles in black sauce! And then, if they still have not found love in a month's time, there is Yellow Day on 14 May. Supposedly, in order to ward off the bad luck of not being able to find love, you're supposed to wear yellow and eat curry rice on this day. Hahaha!
Useless knowledge, but really amusing :)
Thankful for: my 5km run!
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha yeah!
if only we can have such interesting festivals too =P
Post a Comment