It's been such a tiring day... The main reason? I had to relieve a NT class today. They were havoc. I had so much trouble with them and never managed to get them to stay quiet and seated for more than a minute :(
Some of the boys were rather violent too. One in particular kept raising his fist at every slightest thing. And they seemed to like provoking each other by insulting each other and scolding bad words. Of course, all my protests and reprimands were ignored. In fact, it felt like my existence was ignored...
And then there was some conflict regarding their class notice board cos some of them used black to paint the border and it's inauspicious for Chinese New Year. So there was a big commotion between groups of students and when i tried to step in, they pretty much chased me away by saying that they would handle it.
So much for handling it. By the end of the lesson, 3 students had ended up crying. 2 girls cried for reasons i don't know, and a boy cried cos the violent kid threw some insult at him in front of the whole class, also somehow regarding the noticeboard. I was so scared that they'd start beating each other up! In the end, some of them decided to 'resolve' the situation by tearing down the noticeboard, which had already been done up nicely and was fine other than the black border and the mane on the tiger. And the noticeboards were supposed to be checked today. Heh.
And all this took place in 1 hour. How could i not be exhausted? Not to mention, i had to rush through my marking to get the compos back to my class by today. I also did most of the marking for my other class, but almost half the class has not handed it in! Sigh. They are totally ruining my schedule ok.
I was so glad to leave work today.
Due to all the marking i had to rush to finish and cos i was out the whole weekend, i am so inadequately prepared for my interview. I wish i could just take a whole day off to prepare for it and think of potential questions and answers, but i'm already taking a day off to go for the interview. And did i mention that my schedule was ruined?
I am stressed!
Happy thing for the day: I managed to finish marking the compos before class.
Thankful for: Talking to Penelope about psych soc stuff, which made me feel competent, which i haven't felt in a while
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment