Another mad morning. We had so few tasks to do, but customers kept streaming in, making me really busy. Thank goodness for the downpour which helped to reduce human traffic! And today, instead of scraping coconuts, i had to chop them! 0__0
It was a harrowing experience. Just holding the chopper makes me feel a bit uneasy. I don't like knives much... The bigger they are, the scarier. I was scared that i'd chop my hand off by accident or something, and i did almost cut my finger! Thank goodness the blade wasn't very sharp. And i wasn't using much force anyway. I didn't dare to! :P
It is really much harder than it looks. Trying to chop the coconut at the right angle on it's sloping top to make an opening with the right amount of force, enough to cut through the innermost, and hardest, layer of the husk, without showering myself with coconut water is by no means an easy feat. Especially with my unsteady hand :P It took a lot of energy too.
After chopping the coconuts, my right arm felt really drained of energy. It's times like these where learning how to scoop with my left hand comes in really handy! Haha! :)
I'm really tired today. After all my physical exertion and lack of sleep, and my mental tiredness carried over from the past few days, i don't feel like doing anything today. I've still got work to do, but i just don't want to deal with it. Bleah.
Thankful for: Downpours and N working at this side today :) Haven't worked with her in ages!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment