Sunday, November 8, 2009

After a whole lot of procrastination that is just so typical of me, i finally got to work on my essay again. I had wanted to finish it by today, but i got so frustrated with it that i ended up rewriting it all over again. And i've gotten stuck again.

This thing is giving me a lot of grief. And will probably continue to give me grief for the next week or so. I really need to get it done! It's getting pretty urgent already...

I really don't think i'm cut out for this kind of thing. I can't sell myself. As i try to write good things about myself, i feel as if i'm lying because i'm making myself sound better than i believe i am. But if i write plainly and honestly what i think of my own abilities, i'll probably never get a job :P

When i asked Boss the other day what my position is called, she said i could put myself down as "shift supervisor". Sounds so much better than anything i ever thought of. It sounds as if i actually have a real job with a proper title to it! Ha!

And then i had to ask her what exactly did i supervise... I've never seen what i do as supervising, but from all the things she said, it feels as if i do. She made every mundane task i do at the shop seem like it's so important that i was just amazed. How do people do that?! :S

I think it's time to update my very unimpressive resume...

Thankful for: Making some progress, at least, and cake! :D

No comments: