Monday, October 26, 2009

Another mad day at work today. It's a bit unsettling how i get so stressed recently while working in an ice-cream shop :S And being sick doesn't help! Yet, somehow, my nose stopped leaking at work. I think due to the spike in cortisol levels? Haha :P

I took a dramatic fall today too. So embarrassing! X(

I was taking a waffle out of the machine for an impatient customer during a rather busy time. I realised there were no plates, so, with the waffle in my hand (i used tongs), i hurried over to the cupboard to get a plate.

HOWEVER *dramatic effect*, i didn't realise that the floor had been mopped and was slippery. It happened so fast. I slipped and fell and had no chance at all to even try to balance myself.

Even so, i vainly tried to save the waffle that was in my hand and ended up landing on my elbow. Hard. Alas, it was as i said, a vain attempt, because the waffle promptly fell from the tongs and broke on the floor. (Yes, our waffles are so crispy, they break on impact! :P)

I quickly sat up and wanted to save face by getting up quickly and pretending that nothing happened, but the fall seemed to be the breaking point of all the stress and frustration i felt and i totally wanted to give up.

So i ended up just sitting on the floor with my eyes closed as if i'm in a lot of pain (which i was, but it wasn't anything i couldn't handle) so as not to let my unhappiness show through. Not to mention, the shock from the fall had somehow knocked the blood out of my head :P

In the end, i did get up and just pretend that everything was ok. It was only afterward that i realised how painful my elbow really is :( But it doesn't hurt unless i touch it, so it's ok, i guess.

And then when i went out of the kitchen later, a customer asked me if i was ok. Somehow, it seems she'd seen my unglam fall. So embarrassing! DX

But i'm still thankful for the concern of that customer and my colleagues lah :)

No comments: