Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I went back to teach today. Although, this time, it was not really teaching but just giving them work to do.

It felt a bit weird to be sitting at that usual table, now cluttered with more stuff, with no work to do. And the classes i relieved were good classes too, so it felt strangely like the money was very easy to earn. It didn't feel that way previously. Heh :P

It was nice to see the good class again :) And i heard from one of the other teachers that when i left previously, that class was very sad and had told her that they missed me. Haha. I was quite touched by that :)

One of the classes i relieved was supposed to be the best sec 4 class and you can kind of see how differently they work. They used their own money to buy an additional 3 fans for the classroom to keep cool in the hot weather. And i think it does make a difference when you are feeling comfortable. It's easier to work cos your not frustrated by the heat. And sometimes classrooms can be like mini-saunas in this kind of weather. With the ceiling fans and fan above the door, the class had a total of 9 fans. Haha!

I also went to relieve one of the worst sec 3 classes for their computer lesson. I was supposed to be the assistant teacher there and it's understandable why one would be needed. After they completed their assignment, they were allowed to use the Internet and quite a few of them were playing rock songs on youtube. The screaming, death metal kind. I wonder if there's some correlation there cos i noticed that those who played these songs were the more violent ones in the class. And there was one boy who had a piercing near his lip and he spent the whole lesson sticking needles in and out of it. It was so gross! And i doubt at all sanitary.

And it's been revealed that i'm my mother's daughter, so i had quite a few kids asking me about that. It doesn't really matter that they know now, though. I don't understand why some of them seem so impressed that we're both teaching in the same school.

Thankful for: Earning good money for easy work

No comments: