Friday, March 12, 2010

Well, well, i'm officially jobless again :/

Last day at work turned out nothing like i thought it'd be. I had gone to work hoping that i could somehow inspire and motivate the naughty class in my last lesson with them, but all that went down the drain. They were, as usual, disrespectful, disruptive and utterly annoying.

I'd actually bought some marshmallows for my students cos i wanted to give the better class something after they gave me chocolates yesterday and thought it wouldn't be fair to buy for one class and not the other. But the naughty class made me so angry that i didn't want to give them anything at all. So i didn't.

As for the better class, i went in for a while after school cos one of the groups needed to show their PW video, and i was pleasantly surprised that they specially added a thank you message at the end of their video :) And then they were asking me for my facebook and one of them even asked for my phone number. Haha. I didn't give either, but they already have my email anyway.

This experience has really been bittersweet. I wouldn't mind continuing teaching the better class, but i'm absolutely glad to be rid of the naughty one. Ultimately, i wasn't able to get through to them. Sigh. I feel as if i've experienced both fulfillment and disappointment in teaching thanks to the stark contrast between the classes.

And so, i've survived 10 weeks. I still have a few piles of marking to do before i'm really done with this, but i'm again back in limbo, just hoping that some work will come along. I'm needing a bit of direction again.

Happy thing for the day: i was told i'm a great teacher and that i'll be missed :)

Thankful for: the entire experience. Both good and bad sides of it. I've learnt a lot from this.

No comments: