Thursday, January 21, 2010

After staying away from caffeine for quite a while, i drank Coke this afternoon and ended up getting quite high. Haha! Even though i was supposedly tired, i felt like i had so much energy! Heh. Sugar rush :)

Somehow, today wasn't as bad as i anticipated it to be. After 2 weeks of defeated Thursdays, today turned out to be pretty good. The naughty class appears to like project work. Haha. And some of the students said something today that made me want to burst out laughing!

Almost every lesson, my students (the naughty ones) try to make me smile or laugh. It's not that i don't smile, but i just don't do it in front of the naughty class cos i spent most of my time scolding them. And though i don't scold them so much anymore, since they've started this game of trying to make me smile, i've purposely not smiled.

They try stupid things like telling me directly to smile, telling unfunny jokes, bargaining with me that they'll do their work if i smiled (as if they would. All other bargains i've made with them so far have failed) and today, one of the boys actually pointed to himself and said "see! So cute right?" in order to make me smile. When i heard that, i wanted to laugh out loud, but for reasons other than his self proclaimed cuteness. Haha :P

But that's not the thing that really made me want to laugh. I was talking to two of the students (the guai ones) and they said that i because i don't smile, i seem very fierce and scary. I told them that that was the point. And then they said that because i always look so fierce, they've gotten used to it and aren't scared anymore! Haha!

I don't know why, but i found this highly amusing :) I almost burst out laughing! I don't suppose anyone else sees the humor in this?

Although it's rather sadistically funny to watch them come up with different means to literally beg me to smile, i suppose it's time i gave in. I just hope that they don't start thinking that i'm some pushover after that. What i'm afraid of is that they'll start to bully me :P

I think i've made myself out to be a lousy teacher from everything i've written. Heh.

It seems that the teacher sitting behind me in the staff room doesn't like me much. Even though i opened the door for her today when she was carrying a whole pile of books and smiled at her a little to acknowledge her, she just stared at me unsmilingly and didn't even say thanks! Since the first day of work when i interrupted her conversation to ask for help (i was searching for my class and didn't know where they were), i haven't spoken to her since. I always smile slightly whenever i see the other teachers to acknowledge them, but she's never smiled back once. So rude...

This comes a bit late, but my brother just showed it to me and it's hilarious! I don't want to embed the video cos it'll come out rather small and the quality is not that great to begin with, so here's the link instead:
12 days of Ris-mas

Go watch it if you have time! :)

Happy thing for the day: a surprisingly enjoyable Thursday :)

Thankful for: The sugar-high fun i had this afternoon :P

No comments: