Saturday, October 31, 2009

I went for Arts Open today with a bunch of the ex-co members. We played Captain's ball and our team was rather uncreatively called "psych soc" thanks to Penelope's brilliant naming. Haha. The admin person going around chasing the groups kept calling us "psych S.O.C." though, and every single referee called us "orange" due to our colour coordination. No one actually called us by our name. Haha!

It was really fun :) Never did i think i would join Arts Open, though the idea had crossed my mind before. I just didn't think i could find people enthu enough to go! Haha! Just getting people down for psych bball was tough enough! So i'm glad that the comm decided to do this for bonding and asked me along :)

We were pretty sure we'd get kicked out early on, but surprisingly, we won 2 out of 3 games in the first round and moved on to the quarter finals! Haha! We were really amused :) Although we promptly lost the first match in the quarter finals and got kicked out after that! But hey, getting in the top 8 is good enough :) Much thanks to our MVP, Jeric, who put up a great defence :)

I think it really helped that we had fun while we played :) I really do think that this enabled us to win our 2 matches cos the opponents seemed quite stressed about winning. In my opinion, they hardly had as much fun as we, who still laughed about during the game, did. The 3rd group was kind of like that too, but they had the advantage of a really tall defender. Haha.

The last game we played was against a bunch of AC people (they all wore the ACJC t-shirts!) who i suspect are/were netballers. The way they moved was just so reminiscent of netball and they were the only group, i felt, who enjoyed the game more than we did :) Although, we were also half dead by the time we played them, had just had lunch, and were melting in the afternoon sun after a cloudy morning :P

Today really brought back memories of my netball days and reinforced the knowledge that i am horribly unfit now! To think that i used to be able to last a match and now i'm winded after just 10 minutes :P I feel oooooooold... :(

Now my muscles are aching and i'm super tired. I've somehow got a tan, and accompanying ugly tan lines, even though the sun was out only in the last game we played. UV rays pass through clouds. Haha.

I'm really glad for this chance to both exercise and have fun with my friends :) We really should do stuff like that more often. It's good bonding :) And we'd all be fitter too! Haha! :) (Psych students are generally unfit!)

Thankful for: The great time i had even though i'm exhausted now :)

3 comments:

taky said...

wow... psych soc actually took part in arts open? arts open occurred??? LOL!! wow... didn't know that. lol!

palindrome said...

haha taky, u've got to take your mind off studying (and facebook) once in a while ya know ;) haha

taky said...

=X No mah... I do pay attn to other things too! I didn't hear about it... OH!! And as you said, if it was on FB I would have known. I'm always logged on. LOL!!!