It was a pretty exciting day today :) A great and pleasant change from yesterday, really.
First, i got my pay for the experiment! I got double per hour of what i get paid at the shop! DOUBLE!! To sit there and give surveys... I really hope they call me to help out again for more experiments. :D
Unfortunately, i got paid in part with the left over small change from the experiment, so i had to carry $80 worth of $1 coins around :P Thankfully, i managed to change some with Taky. Haha!
I went for the NUSPsyche AGM too. I was there pretty early, so i hung out in the psych room for a while while they prepared. I also took the chance to interview Kev, who was running again. No reason for him to escape interviews just because he was in the old comm right? Haha. The rest of the nominees should be glad that they didn't have a personal unstructured interview with me :P Haha!
AGM was as usual. Poor attendance and mainly old people. Seriously, what happened to the juniors? The only exciting bit was that i was the elections officer this time. Haha. Sounds big, right? Actually, i didn't really know what to do! Haha! :P Just feeling my way through...
We didn't have voting again this year cos there were too few nominees, but for the first time that i know of, we had a vote of no confidence. It's not something unexpected really, considering the situation this time, but it threw me off a bit cos i didn't know what to do :P
In the end, and after a small blunder in calculations on my part which ultimately led to the same result, the vote didn't stand. I wonder how this comm will be, especially with 8 freshies and only 1 senior who won't be around for half the year. I'm actually quite excited to see how they'll turn out :)
One thing that i was quite happy about when hearing the nominees speak was how a few of them mentioned how they were motivated by the things seniors have said or done. I'd like to think that i had something to do with it :) It feels good when the juniors say these things cos it's encouragement to me and makes me feel that what i do is worthwhile :)
I really hope to see the 4th ex-co prove themselves and really make a difference :)
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment