Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cone making today went slightly better than last time. At least i had fewer un-usable cones and only burnt myself once. Yes, i burnt myself, again. Argh! Just as the burns i got last week are healing up, i get a new one :(

I heard a lot of things at work today while making cones. Cos i'm pretty much rooted to one spot and can't do anything else. I can't talk much either cos i'm too stressed out by the temperamental cone machines and anyway, it's hot. I come to realise something i don't quite like and it made me kinda sad.

Making the cones tired me out. Not that i wasn't already tired in the first place from a lack of sleep. And while churning ice cream, the time when i start stoning, i just kept thinking to myself that i want to quit.

And then i get my pay and see that i got a pay raise. And i am thankful, cos i need the money.

But this doesn't change the fact that i want to quit. It's just that for now, i can't quit cos i need the money. So i have to find a job first. I wish i had the luxury to just quit right away, but i don't.

My aim now is to quit at the end of July. Firstly to give myself time to look for a job. And secondly, so that i can give my boss some notice before quitting.

I think i'll be quite at a loss. I'm starting to feel it now with my graduation nearing. Once camp is over, i have no more excuses to avoid sorting things out with myself. But i guess it's time too. Wish me luck.

Facial crisis is still on. I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow.

No comments: